TERMS & CONDITIONS
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE “TERMS“) ARE A LEGAL CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY. THE TERMS EXPLAIN HOW YOU ARE PERMITTED TO USE THE WEBSITE LOCATED AT THE URL: WWW.DRILLINGINFO.COM AS WELL AS ALL ASSOCIATED SITES LINKED TO WWW.DRILLINGINFO.COM BY THE COMPANY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SITE“). UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFICED, ALL REFERENCES TO “SITE” INCLUDE ANY SOFTWARE THAT THE COMPANY PROVIDES TO YOU THAT ALLOWS YOU TO ACCESS THE SITE FROM A MOBILE DEVICE (A “MOBILE APPLICATION“). BY USING THIS SITE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ALL THE TERMS; IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SITE OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE.
The Company may make changes to the content offered on the Site at any time. The Company can change, update, or add or remove provisions of these Terms, at any time by posting the updated Terms on this Site and/or by using push notifications via the Mobile Application. By using this Site after The Company has updated the Terms, you are agreeing to all the updated Terms; if you do not agree with any of the updated Terms, you must stop using the Site.
By using this Site, you represent, acknowledge and agree that you are at least 18 years of age, or if you are under 18 years of age but are at least 13 years old (a “Minor”), that you are using the Site with the consent of your parent or legal guardian and that you have received your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use the Site and agree to its Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a Minor, you hereby agree to bind the Minor to these Terms and to fully indemnify and hold harmless the Company if the Minor breaches any of these Terms. If you are not at least 13 years old, you may not use the Site at any time or in any manner or submit any information to the Company or the Site.
The Company provides content through the Site that is copyrighted and/or trademarked work of the Company or the Company’s third-party licensors and suppliers or other users of the Site (collectively, the “Materials”). Materials may include logos, graphics, video, images, software and other content.
Subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms, and your compliance with these Terms, the Company hereby grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use and to display the Materials and to use this Site solely for your personal use. Except for the foregoing license, you have no other rights in the Site or any Materials and you may not modify, edit, copy, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Site or Materials in any manner.
If you breach any of these Terms, the above license will terminate automatically and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed Materials.
The Company makes available Mobile Applications to access the Site via a mobile device. To use the Mobile Application you must have a mobile device that is compatible with the mobile service. The Company does not warrant that the Mobile Application will be compatible with your mobile device. The Company hereby grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use an object code copy of the Mobile Application for one registered account on up to two mobile devices owned or leased solely by you, for your personal use. You may not: (i) modify, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the Mobile Application, except to the extent that such restriction is expressly prohibited by law; (ii) rent, lease, loan, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Mobile Application to any third-party or use the Mobile Application to provide time sharing or similar services for any third-party; (iii) make any copies of the Mobile Application; (iv) remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Mobile Application, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Mobile Application, or features that enforce limitations on use of the Mobile Application; or (v) delete the copyright and other proprietary rights notices on the Mobile Application. You acknowledge that the Company may from time to time issue upgraded versions of the Mobile Application, and may automatically electronically upgrade the version of the Mobile Application that you are using on your mobile device. You consent to such automatic upgrading on your mobile device, and agree that these Terms will apply to all such upgrades. The foregoing license grant is not a sale of the Mobile Application or any copy thereof, and the Company and its third-party licensors or suppliers retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Mobile Application (and any copy of the Mobile Application). Standard carrier data charges may apply to your use of the Mobile Application.
The following additional terms and conditions apply with respect to any Mobile Application that the Company provides to you designed for use on an Apple iOS-powered mobile device (an “iOS App”):
- You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and the Company only, and not with Apple, Inc. (“Apple”).
- Your use of the Company’s iOS App must comply with Apple’s then-current App Store Terms of Service.
- The Company, and not Apple, are solely responsible for our iOS App and the Services and Content available thereon. You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation to provide maintenance and support services with respect to our iOS App. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to our iOS App.
- You agree that the Company, and not Apple, are responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third-party relating to our iOS App or your possession and/or use of our iOS App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the iOS App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation, and all such claims are governed solely by these Terms and any law applicable to us as provider of the iOS App.
- You agree that the Company, and not Apple, shall be responsible, to the extent required by these Terms, for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any third-party intellectual property infringement claim related to our iOS App or your possession and use of our iOS App.
- You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) You are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- You agree to comply with all applicable third-party terms of agreement when using our iOS App (e.g., you must not be in violation of your wireless data service terms of agreement when using the iOS App).
- The parties agree that Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries to these Terms as they relate to your license of the Company’s iOS App. Upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as they relate to your license of the iOS App as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
When using this Site and/or the services, you agree not to:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Use racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive language.
- Discuss or incite illegal activity.
- Use explicit/obscene language or solicit/post sexually explicit images (actual or simulated).
- Post anything that exploits children or minors or that depicts cruelty to animals.
- Post any copyrighted or trademarked materials without the express permission from the owner.
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’, ‘pyramid schemes’, or any other form of such solicitation.
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- Alter the opinions or comments posted by others on this Site.
- Post anything contrary to our public image, goodwill or reputation.
This list of prohibitions provides examples and is not complete or exclusive. The Company reserves the right to terminate access to your account, your ability to post to this Site with or without cause and with or without notice, for any reason or no reason, or for any action that the Company determines is inappropriate or disruptive to this Site or to any other user of this Site. The Company may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any reports it receives of such conduct. When legally required or at the Company’s discretion, the Company will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on this Site or on the Internet.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and business partners harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs of defense) the Company or any other indemnified party suffers in relation to, arising from, or for the purpose of avoiding, any claim or demand from a third-party that your use of this Site or the use of this Site by any person using your user name and/or password (including without limitation, your participation in the posting areas or, your Submissions) violates any applicable law or regulation, or the copyrights, trademark rights or other rights of any third-party.
“DrillingInfo” is a trademark of the Company in the United States. Other trademarks, names and logos on this Site are the property of their respective owners.
Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, all information and screens appearing on this Site, including documents, services, site design, text, graphics, logos, images and icons, as well as the arrangement thereof, are the sole properties of the Company, Copyright © 2014 DrillingInfo. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner or license.
The Mobile Application software that is provided to you through the Site and Services and related documentation are “Commercial Items”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, if You are a government entity, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
Intellectual Property Infringement.
The Company respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask you to do the same. The Company may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate service and/or access to this Site for users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work is the subject of copyright infringement and/or trademark infringement and appears on our Site, please provide the Company’s designated agent the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted and/or trademarked work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled at the Site, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to contact you as the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright and/or trademark owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The Company’s agent for notice of claims of copyright or trademark infringement on this Site can be reached as follows: General Counsel, DrillingInfo, 2901 Via Fortuna, Building 6, Suite 200; Austin, TX 78746.
Please also note that for copyright infringements under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Submitting a DMCA Counter-Notification
We will notify you that we have removed or disabled access to copyright-protected material that you provided, if such removal is pursuant to a valid DMCA take-down notice that we have received. If you receive such notice from us, you may provide us with a counter-notification in writing to the Company designated agent that includes all of the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the Company may be located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
Termination of Repeat Infringers
The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the account or access of any user of our web site and/or service who is the subject or repeated DMCA or other infringement notifications.
Disclaimer of Warranties.
Your use of this Site is at your own risk. You acknowledge that the Materials provided on the Site is compiled from sources, including public and other third party sources, which are beyond the control of the Company. The Materials may not be current, accurate or complete and may include typographical or other errors. Moreover, the Materials have not been verified or authenticated in whole or in part by the Company. You assume full responsibility for your use of the Materials and implementing sufficient procedures and checks to satisfy your requirements for the accuracy, timeliness and suitability of the Materials. The Company does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or suitability of the Materials contained on this Site. The Company has no liability for any errors or omissions in the Materials, whether provided or collected by the Company, our licensors or suppliers or other users.
THE COMPANY, FOR ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS, MAKES NO EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE, THE SERVICES, OR ANY MATERIALS RELATING TO THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED OR PRESENTED ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE MATERIALS. UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY STATED, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS SITE, MATERIALS AND ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED OR PRESENTED ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WHERE-IS” BASIS WITH NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, AND COMPANY HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCALIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMTIATION ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. THE COMPANY DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTIES AGAINST VIRUSES, SPYWARE OR MALWARE THAT MAY BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER.
Limitation of Liability.
THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR DISPLAYING, COPYING, OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS TO OR FROM THIS SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, EXTRAORDINARY, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) HOWEVER ARISING, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF THE COMPANY KNOWS THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Local Laws; Export Control.
The Company controls and operates this Site from its headquarters in the United States of America and the Materials may not be appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use this Site outside the United States of America, you are responsible for following applicable local laws.
If you send or transmit any communications, comments, questions, suggestions, or related materials to the Company, whether by letter, email, telephone, or otherwise (collectively, “Feedback”), suggesting or recommending changes to the Site or Materials, including, without limitation, new features or functionality relating thereto, all such Feedback is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. You hereby assign all right, title, and interest in, and the Company is free to use, without any attribution or compensation to you, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property and proprietary rights contained in the Feedback, whether or not patentable, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, having manufactured, licensing, marketing, and selling, directly or indirectly, products and services using such Feedback. You understand and agree that the Company is not obligated to use, display, reproduce, or distribute any such ideas, know-how, concepts, or techniques contained in the Feedback, and you have no right to compel such use, display, reproduction, or distribution.
The Company prefers to advise you if we feel you are not complying with these Terms and to recommend any necessary corrective action. However, certain violations of these Terms, as determined by the Company, may result in immediate termination of your access to this Site without prior notice to you. The Federal Arbitration Act, Texas state law and applicable U.S. federal law, without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions, will govern these Terms. Foreign laws do not apply. Any disputes relating to these Terms or this Site will be heard in the courts located in Travis County Texas. If any of these Terms is found to be inconsistent with applicable law, then such term shall be interpreted to reflect the intentions of the parties, and no other terms will be modified. The Company’s failure to enforce any of these Terms is not a waiver of such term. These Terms are the entire agreement between you and the Company and supersede all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, discussions or agreements between you and the Company about this Site. The proprietary rights, disclaimer of warranties, representations made by you, indemnities, limitations of liability and general provisions shall survive any termination of these Terms.
If you have any questions about these Terms or otherwise need to contact THE COMPANY for any reason, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org (888) 477-7667 ext. 3.